Our Upper School students are afforded individualized pathways to better learn what fields and subjects interest them. Students are exposed to a wide range of knowledge through traditional academic disciplines and innovative, creative programming all designed to promote meaningful interaction, critical thinking, and self-awareness. Most importantly, rigorous academic courses prepare and empower our students for the challenges of higher education. Signature Programs such as Science, Innovation & Design, Global Online Academy, and Princeton Peer Leadership create a culture of excellence for our students.
Helen Barnstable / Kimberly Gold Porto 1987
Co-Directors, Upper School
Upper School Highlights:
- Rigorous academic courses empower and prepare students for the challenges of higher education.
- Hamden Hall students are annually recognized by the National Merit Scholarship Program.
- We offer more than 25 Advanced Placement and post-AP Academic courses.
- Students participate in nearly 50 extracurricular clubs and activities including numerous community service opportunities.
- Leadership programs such as Princeton Peer Leadership and Middle School Advocates act as springboards for responsible citizenship.